Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Meet Charity

Meet Charity. We met in my first class of my first day of college. Its hard to say what exactly happened after that. Eventually me and the girl in the seat to my left would become affectionately referred to as Chebert. She was a friend to me beyond being able to describe. Tough times came and went, but other ones always found their way back around. That's life. We experienced life. There is no doubt that we had many good times along with the bad. Charity is the kind of person that can draw anyone to herself. She is a zealot, doing everything she does with enthusiasm and persistence. It was contagious too. Laughter came hourly. Giving up wasn't ever an option. Listening seemed effortless. We dug deep into each other's pasts, allowing wounds to heal, and standing by each other's side as we faced our hurts. Leadership ran through her veins. She was a natural at it. She was a hugger, as was I. Not only was she my best friend, but my roommate. And a good one at that. We never were necessarily a lot alike, but Charity had a gift of becoming interested in whatever the important people in her life were interested in. I tried my best to do the same. Its hard for me to admit, but I was always jealous of her mad djmbe skills. Her heart was truly genuine. She cared like nobody I have ever met. We spent all of our time together. Sometime we grained on each other's nerves so badly, but most of the time was so much fun. You don't have to go far to find someone that will tell you about how competitive she was. They probably found out playing Nerts or Guitar Hero. We made mistakes. We had hard times. We had fights. Things weren't always the best, but we always came out of it stronger. I will treasure our friendship forever. Lots and lots of pictures taken will sometimes make me cry and other times make me laugh.

Back in Feburary I recieved a phone call from my dear friend Charity. It very well may have been the last. Without going into much detial, she called to inform me that she was choosing to cut ties with me all together. As you can imagine, this has been a very tough reality for me to come to terms with. I pray for my friend every day. She is dearly missed as an active part of my life. A favorite song of both of ours in college talks about the times when faith has to run deep. During tough times we would both cling to those lyrics for dear life. Tonight, I heard that song. This is when faith runs deep.

In closing, I will leave you with what I most look forward to with my friend Charity.
"When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
HIS BRIDE WILL COME TOGETHER
And we'll sing, You're Beautiful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment